Apply for UIN - Unique Identification Number (Form D-2) on DigitalSky Platform
Understanding UIN Registration for Drones in India
If you're navigating the world of drones in India, you've likely encountered the term "UIN" or Unique Identification Number. But what exactly is it, and why is it important? Let's dive into the details.
What is UIN for Drones?
UIN, short for Unique Identification Number, is a mandatory registration requirement for drones in India, governed by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA). Much like a license plate for a car or an aircraft registration number, the UIN serves as a unique identifier for each drone operating in Indian airspace.
How to Obtain UIN Registration
The process for obtaining UIN registration for your drone is relatively straightforward. Drone operators must adhere to the guidelines provided by the DGCA. This typically involves submitting an application through the DigitalSky platform, along with necessary documents such as proof of ownership and drone specifications.
Link to DigitalSky Platform : https://digitalsky.dgca.gov.in/home
- Organisations can create manufacturer account and profile on DigitalSky platform, if not already created.
- Login to DigitalSky platform and Select 'Add Exempted Model' menu option from the dashboard
- Fill all mandatory details of your Exempted UAS model and add your model on Digital Sky Platform
- Once model is added, Individual/Organisation user can Add UAS Serial Number from dashboard, for the added UAS Model.
- User can Click Apply for UIN for the added UAS serial number
- Preview the Application for Registration of UIN, Pay ₹100 fee and Submit Form D-2 (Application for Unique Identification Number) Upon successful receipt of requisite fee, the UIN will be generated.
- Create your account and profile on DigitalSky platform, if not already created.
- Login to DigitalSky platform and add your UAS Serial Number from dashboard.
- Navigate to the list of UAS and Apply for UIN for the added UAS serial number
- Preview the Application for Registration of UIN (Unique Identification Number)
- Pay ₹100 fee and complete the submission of Form D-2 (Application for Unique Identification Number)
- Upon successful receipt of requisite fee, the UIN will be generated.
- Note: Registration no, GSTIN, DIN fields shall not apply to any ministry, department, police force or institution under the Central Government or State Government.
Upon successful completion of these steps, your drone will be assigned a UIN, allowing it to operate within Indian airspace legally.
How Long Does the UIN Registration Process Take?
The UIN registration process typically takes around 15-20 minutes to complete. By following the outlined steps on the DigitalSky platform, drone owners can efficiently register their drones and obtain the necessary documentation for compliance with Indian drone regulations.
UIN registration is a crucial step for drone operators in India to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and maintain safety standards in airspace usage. By obtaining a Unique Identification Number for your drone, you contribute to the responsible and lawful operation of drones in the country.
For any further inquiries or assistance regarding UIN registration, feel free to reach out to our support team at email@example.com or contact our support executive at +91 96866 58601.
Happy flying, and may your drone adventures soar to new heights within the bounds of legality and safety!